Friday, August 15, 2008

I'm Sorry, But I Need to Make a List

It's a beautiful Friday afternoon in San Clemente. In honor of the sunshine (which I cursed earlier when I got too hot washing dishes) I'd like to make a random list of things I enjoy immensely. It's a completely pointless list, and probably not even marginally entertaining to read, but here it goes.

1. I like palm trees. They make me quite giddy, actually. I don't know why. Maybe it goes back to childhood vacation memories when the sight of palm trees was a clear indication that we were almost at the beach. I particularly enjoy the ridiculously tall, skinny ones. In my brain, they don't seem physically capable of standing without folding right in half, what with that big 'ole poof of leaves on the top. But they do stand up. And they're awesome. And they're everywhere. And I kind of wish I could be one. Moving right along...

2. I like driving fast enough to shave minutes off the arrival time that is provided by my navigation system at the beginning of every trip. It's almost like a game. It gives me great, great pleasure to watch that time go down, even if only by a minute or two. This is not a good thing, considering the lead foot that I inherited from my dear father.

3. I like beer. I think that one explains itself, though I must admit that my beer passions are heightened this time each year when Sam Adams puts out their seasonal Octoberfest. It's a crying shame (or a blessing in disguise, perhaps?) that I can only get it two months out of the year.

4. I like chatting online. There. I said it. I don't care if it locks in my already solid dork status. There's a certain art to getting your point across without vocal inflection or tone and without facial expressions (emoticons don't REALLY count, people). I like to think I'm good at it. And my wittiness seems to triple during instant messaging exchanges. You wouldn't even believe it. I'm a riot.

5. I like pinkberry. Yeah, I'd never heard of it either 'til California. I tried it for the first time last weekend, and God bless the person who took me there because, goodness gracious alive, the stuff rocks! I feel sorry for other frozen yogurt. I really do.

No comments: