Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Wonders Never Cease

After my last posting, I have become more and more aware that a mere five-point list of why L.A. is so amusing to me just simply won't cut it. How could it? Even in the last week or so I've experienced a few things that simply must be passed along to you, dear reader. I learned via Facebook status that a friend of mine stood in line behind Drew Barrymore at CVS today. This amuses me. I don't know why. Maybe because I haven't had a star sighting yet. I'm still waiting to run into and fall madly in love with Charlie Hunnam before marrying him and having half British, have Southern babies. Hey, if you can get caught in the drugstore line behind Drew Barrymore, anything can happen. Fingers crossed!

Last weekend marked my second voyage to the incredibly jubilant and raucous Oktoberfest in Alpine Village. Okay, so it's not exactly in L.A. But every year people come out en masse to swizzle copious amounts of beer, eat bratwurst, yell "Prost!" and, of course, do the chicken dance. Many bring their own steins. Some buy gigantic glass boots from which to guzzle their brew. Some of us go low key with the paper cups. But very few of us left the tent with steady legs beneath us. I'm glad I didn't run into Charlie Hunnam that night. Methinks it would have been a poor showing on my part.

And finally. The revelation I've been waiting for. The sentence that, if I'm being honest, is the only reason I actually wrote this post in the first place...

The girl who cuts my hair used to be a yellow power ranger. Need I say more?

5 comments:

kassi said...

First, define "used to be yellow power ranger." Like, that's her in the video?

Second, how did you ever figure that out? Does she have a photo of herself at her station or something?

Jules said...

Yes, that's her in the video. And no, she doesn't announce it proudly. A mutual friend let me in on the little secret. Hehe.

Chicken's Mom said...

Is she Australian?

Jules said...

No, not Australian. Did I miss something? Should she be? Haha! I'm confused...

Design Girl said...

LOL...only in LA would a former power ranger be working in a hair salon.