Friday, July 4, 2008

Ready for Fireworks

Another Fourth of July has arrived. Unbelievable, really. I'm not sure how it got here so quickly, or how I am so far from where I was this time last year, not just in distance, but in every other way possible. My mind is different. My heart is different. I'm still pretty cheesy. I guess that's the only thing that hasn't changed...

At any rate, here I sit, eagerly anticipating so many things. Not knowing what's going to happen in the next month or even the next week used to horrify me. Now it excites me. I have new friends. I have a new life. I have a chance to do and see things I've never had access to before. It's thrilling, to say the least. And I'm so anxious to experience all of it. Warning: Cheesiest line EVER coming right now...

I'm ready for fireworks.

Yes, I'm ready for the fireworks I'll see when I sit on the beach later this evening. But I'm ready for bigger, better, longer fireworks. You know what I'm talking about. The explosions that come from landing a new job, going on a first date or finding a new apartment. The colors that don't fade into the darkness above an endless ocean, never to be enjoyed again. I'm ready. Who's got the lighter?

No comments: